Scarblog Navigation

About Me

My photo
Joseph Scarbrough launched what he called "The Scarblog" as a way of cataloging his work over the years, as well as going into greater detail of things on his mind (known as "Unfinished Thoughts").

Sunday, February 22, 2015

TECHNICOLOR DREAMS is Here

Five months ago, I had a thought: I always have such really odd, vivid, lucid, strange, borderline disturbing - and yes, trippy - dreams. They do tend to plague me, but at the same time, the odd thing is from time to time it's those dreams where a lot of my best ideas come from.
 
Page from Joseph Scarbrough's script for TECHNICOLOR DREAMS 2015.
 

So it hit me -- why not explore this a little more? The next thing I knew, I was drafting a script for an experimental film I had trouble coming up with a title for a while, that would basically sum up this odd creative process I have.

That was late in September, now here it is February, and that experimental film - which eventually became titled TECHNICOLOR DREAMS - is finally here.

 
The whole creative process for this film was really an interesting one, because I had never really done an experimental film, but I liked the possibilities that it could bring. It was just a matter of actually putting this thing together, which itself took a while, as I had to ask a number of different people on YouTube for permission to use their videos for dream sequences, which I was able to really achieve wonderfully in Adobe Premiere. While slumbering, I am visited by a pair of dream sprites that symbolically represent how a number of my creations are born.
 
Of all of the projects I've done thus far, this one is by far my most personal yet.
 
Promotional photo for TECHNICOLOR DREAMS with Joseph Scarbrough and a pair of dream sprites.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment