Scarblog Navigation

About Me

My photo
Joseph Scarbrough launched what he called "The Scarblog" as a way of cataloging his work over the years, as well as going into greater detail of things on his mind (known as "Unfinished Thoughts").

Friday, November 9, 2018

The Martian Hop Music Video

The Ran-Dells' "The Martian Hop" is a quirky little novelty song from the oldies era that I've been wanting to do a music video for for years, the problem is I never was exactly sure how I would approach this . . . I really couldn't see myself constructing some martian puppets for just one little music video.

It finally donned on me that with the upcoming MORON LEAGUE 4 in the works, that said martians for the music video could be none other than the Nerdlucks! As much as I denounce the excessive overuse of chromakey in modern film and television, the work I did on this music video turned out to be roughly 99% chromakey! Some had to be done with green screen, other with blue screen - it wasn't perfect, and the keying didn't turn out perfect either, but I suppose I got the job done for what I wanted to do.

So, finally, here is my music video for "The Martian Hop" by The Ran-Dells, with the Nerdlucks (and also featuring cameos by characters from SEINFELD, SESAME STREET, and ALVINNN!!! AND THE CHIPMUNKS).

No comments:

Post a Comment