Scarblog Navigation

About Me

My photo
Joseph Scarbrough launched what he called "The Scarblog" as a way of cataloging his work over the years, as well as going into greater detail of things on his mind (known as "Unfinished Thoughts").

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

FRIGHTMARE ALLEY Puppets

Last week, my friend, Daniel Croxton, inquired about having puppets designed and built for an episode of the show he and his buddies have on YouTube, called FRIGHTMARE ALLEY - now, for those of you who don't know, or aren't familiar with it, FRIGHTMARE ALLEY is a showcase series that not only features old B-grade horror films, but pays homage to other horror showcases of yesteryears, such as ELVIRA'S MOVIE MACABRE.

FRIGHTMARE ALLEY is hosted by a trio consisting of Sebastian Hexx, Chip Whitley, and Master Deat_s. Daniel said that they were wanting to do a special episode of the series where the hosts are puppets; I had mentioned that as much as I would love to help them out, my construction skills are very lackluster at best, though Daniel had asked if I could at least provide some sketches and conceptual designs of what the hosts would look like, and how they would work in puppet form. That much I knew I could do, so managed to work up some designs for their consideration, to give them some ideas of how puppet caricatures of them could work out; here is what I was able to come up with:


Sebastian Hexx Design
Chip Whitley Design
Master Deat_s Design
So far, Daniel really likes them, though I haven't heard from the others, but I do hope they like them as well, and if they work up, I hope they'll be able to find some really great builders who will put these things together for them.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this puppet episode will turn out for them. Of course, you should really check FRIGHTMARE ALLEY out for yourself, if you haven't already; you can see the show on their official YouTube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/frightmarealley

There doesn't seem to be any real regularity to when new episodes are released, that's why you should subscribe to them, so you won't miss out on anything they have to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment