Scarblog Navigation

About Me

My photo
Joseph Scarbrough launched what he called "The Scarblog" as a way of cataloging his work over the years, as well as going into greater detail of things on his mind (known as "Unfinished Thoughts").

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Guess I'm a Hensonist And Didn't Even Know It


Now, I usually don't put much stock into artificial religions like Scientology and whatnot, but it looks like that I've actually belonged to one all along and didn't even realize it... mainly because it hasn't even been founded until this year: Hensonism.


Yeah, this is "interesting"... a Facebook group has been started to form a new religion centered around Jim Henson, appropriately dubbed Hensonism; their mission is pretty much straight-forward and simple - to live by Jim's example, to live a life promoting peace, love, acceptance, and happiness, and to try to leave the world a little better place by having been there.

I think I can safely say, without fear of contradiction, that I have, indeed, seen and heard it all now, but then again, I thought that when a religion was formed for Colin Mochrie; I guess my only "prayer" is that Hensonism doesn't produce any condescending fanatics like Tom Cruise, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment