About Me

My photo
Joseph Scarbrough launched what he called "The Scarblog" as a way of cataloging his work over the years, as well as going into greater detail of things on his mind (known as "Unfinished Thoughts").

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Wardrobe Malfunction? Revisited

Original Easter Egg concept art
It's been several, several years since I wrote an entry on something like this (for those who may not remember, the last time I did this was regarding Jennifer's dress), but I feel it's time that this be addressed again, and just like last time, I'm asking for input from you - the fans!

So, here's the rundown: as you may or may not know, Easter Egg is a character who was created to serve that very purpose - to be an easter egg, kind of like Hidden Mickey, so to speak. She serves no real purpose within the Joseph Scarbrough Universe, other than to be thrown in somewhere at random for you to see - sometimes it's obvious, sometimes it's subtle; she doesn't even have a name, that's why she's just called Easter Egg. Some of you have picked up on the way she was designed and dressed - when I designed her, it was specifically to take a swipe at how Jeanette Miller from ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS and Irma Langinstein from TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES look virtually identical to each other . . . perhaps intentionally so.
I could do a whole Unfinished Thoughts write-up about my conspiracy theory as to why the similarities in their designs are so blatatantly obvious . . . but I won't. At least, not now.

Therein lies the problem. Both of these franchises have recently rebooted new animated series (and both, coincidentally, on Nickelodeon), and both characters have received extreme makeovers that they don't even look alike anymore. With that in mind, Easter Egg doesn't resemble either character resembling each other, which just leaves her design looking rather awkward now.
They don't look alike anymore.

I'm not looking to completely redesign the character altogether, but I suppose her wardrobe could use a makeover, giving her a whole new look, and maybe even a whole new 'tude. The thing is, I really don't know what her new wardrobe might look like . . . the one thing I do know is that while I wouldn't mind if her wardrobe had a more contemporary look to it, I kind of don't want it to be something that will look dated in another five or ten years from now, which would prompt another extreme makeover again down the line. So, that's where you come in! Do you have any ideas of what kind of new look Easter Egg should go for? Can you picture her in an outfit other than what she wears now? Hit the comments here, or on Facebook, and share your ideas - who knows, whichever idea seems like the best one may actually become her new look!

In the meantime . . . can you name any specific times Easter Egg's randomly popped up in the past?
What do your glasses say about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment